Anarchy VII (rh10)
by Jeremy Tullett with modifications by Jef Bryant
1) All the rules of Diplomacy (1971) apply with the exceptions below.
2) From 6 to 34 players may participate.
3) Each of the N players will receive INT(34/N) centers with the remainder becoming neutrals occupied by an army or a fleet, decided randomly; (Lebling neutrals). For example, if there are 15 players, they will receive 2 centers each, with 4 neutral, occupied centers. If there are 8 participants, they will receive 4 centers with two neutral, occupied centers.
4) The GM will assign each player the appropriate number of centers in a random way. He will ensure that no player has any center nearer than 3 moves from any other of his own centers. Coastal centers should be distributed as evenly as possible. A player's collection of centers is termed his 'Empire'.
5) Each player, after an initial negotiation period, will send orders to the GM for construction of army or fleets for each center s/he possesses, (Winter 1900). Land-locked centers must be occupied by armies. Players will also give a name for their Empire. The GM will decide randomly the occupancy of neutral centers.
6) If a neutral unit is dislodged it is disbanded. Any player may support a neutral unit in the normal way.
7) If a player NMRs for three successive seasons s/he will be ejected from the game and any remaining units will become neutral units. The ejected player may still write press, (known as a 'Kibitzer').
8) The 'British' system of movement of two seasons per year, Spring and Autumn will be used.
9) The first movement season is Spring 1901. In the following build season, Autumn 1901, a player may build up to a maximum of three units, one unit per owned center. Once a unit has been built in a player's center, this is then considered a home supply center as in the normal rules. Home supply centers, once designated cannot be changed.
10) A player wins when he owns 17 supply centers after an Autumn adjudication.