South American Supremacy
by Benjamin Hester
1. The Starting Year is 1835, though the map represents no exact period in time. Rather, the map and the variant as a whole are a composite of 19th century South America.
2. Starting Positions: Chile: F Val, A San Argentina: F BAs, A Cor, A Sal Brasil: F SaP, A Rio, F Slv, A Man Bolivia: F Ant, A LaP Colombia: F Cal, F Car, A Bog Paraguay: A Asu, A Con Peru: F Lim, A Tru Venezuela: A Mar, F Ccs.
3. The Andes Mountains: Indicated by a darkened border, separating the western ridge of the continent from the interior. Units may not cross the Andes Mountains (like Switzerland) except at "passes," marked on the map by two small parallel lines with a normal (light) border between them. The Andes Mountains form the border between Cali and Popayan, and stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba.
4. Rivers: Very simple. The Amazon and Parana rivers are navigable by fleets. They are NOT separate bodies of water themselves. This means that fleets can move up and along these river borders just like fleets on coastlines can. For example, a fleet could on subsequent turns move from RdP to BAs to SaF to Crt to Asu to Mis to Prn, etc. etc. No special order format is needed. Support operates as normal, though it should be noted that fleets CANNOT support actions involving inland territories while on a river. Just as a Fleet in Belgium could not support an Army Burgundy into Ruhr, neither could a Fleet Santa Fe support an Army Cordoba into Rosario. Also, fleets may not convoy while on a river (just like fleets on a coastal territory may not convoy in standard.)
5. British, French, Dutch Guyana: European controlled territories that are impassable like Switzerland. Tierra del Fuego: Some of the most inhospitable land on the face of this earth. It is also impassable.
6. Victory conditions, turn movement, and all other aspects of SAS conform to Standard in every way. 18 SCs is a solo. Province List
Ama - Amazonas Ang - Angostura Ant - Antofagasta Aqu - (Aquiris Indigenous Territory) Ara - (Arauncanian Indigenous Territory) Are - Arequipa Ari - Arica Asu - Asuncion Ata - Atacama AtO - Atlantic Ocean Bar - Barinas BAs - Buenos Aires BdA - Bahia de Arica BdN - Boca de Navios BdP - Bahia de Paranagua BGu - British Guyana (Impassable) BhB - Bahia Blanca Bog - Bogota BSc - Bahia Sechura BSM - Bahia Sao Marcos BSS - Bahia de Sao Sebastao BTS - Bahia de Todos os Santos Cal - Cali Can - Canelos Car - Cartagena Crc - Caracas Cha - Chaco Con - Concepcion Cop - Copiapo Cor - Cordoba Crt - Corrientes Cum - Cumana Cus - Cusco DGu - Dutch Guyana (Impassable) DrP - Drake Passage For - Formosa FGu - French Guyana (Impassable) Gal - Islas Galapagos GDa - Golfo de Darien GdG - Golfo de Guafo Goi - Goias Gpe - Guapore GPn - Golfo de Panama GPr - Golfo de Paria GSJ - Golfo de San Jorge Gua - Guayaquil Iqu - Iquitos Jua - Islas Juan Fernandez LaP - La Paz Lim - Lima Lla - Llanos MaG - Mato Grosso Mal - Islas Malvinas Man - Manaus Mar - Maracaibo Med - Medellin Men - Mendoza MiG - Minas Gerais Mis - Misiones Mon - Montevideo Mrh - Maranhao NaS - Nazca Sea Ori - Orinoco Pan - Pantanal Par - Para PAs - Punta Arenas Pat - Patagonia Per - Pernambuco Piu - Piura Pnm - Panama (NC/SC) Pop - Popayan Pot - Potosi Prn - Parana Qui - Quito RBr - Rio Branco RdP - Rio de la Plata (Estuary) Rib - Riberalta Rio - Rio de Janeiro RGS - Rio Grande do Sul Ros - Rosario SaF - Santa Fe Sal - Salta SaM - Santa Marta San - Santiago SaP - Sao Paulo ScS - Scotia Sea SCz - Santa Cruz Slv - Salvador SoM - Straits of Magellan SPO - South Pacific Ocean TdF - Tierra del Fuego (Impassable) Tru - Trujillo Tuc - San Miguel de Tucuman Val - Valparaiso Ver - Veragua (NC/SC)